Saturday, September 18, 2010
An architectural field survey can show the general location of the pool, include an outline of the pool and show its relation to buildings on the property.
Monday, September 13, 2010
|Do-it-Yourself Deck Project Tips|
If you are planning a deck addition to your home here are some things to consider:
- Will you deck be attached to your home? If yes, an Architectural designer is probably needed.
- If your deck will not be attached to your home, you don't need an Architect but you will most likely need a licensed Engineer to provide calculations and structural drawings.
- Some things to watch for with decks:
- Leakage between the deck and the house.
- Crowded decks at parties have been known to fail and kill people.
- Check with your building department and find out what is required for your building permit before you start deck construction. We have heard horror stories of people starting what they thought was a simple deck project and being shut down by the city while in the middle of illegal construction.
- Prepare to provide as-built plans, at minimum a site plan for a free standing deck and an architectural drawing of your deck design if you work with an engineer.